Religious Education Program (PREP)
Academy At the Father Walter J. Ciszek Education Center
Parish Religious Education Program (PREP) 2020-2021
Divine Mercy Parish, Shenandoah, PA
Covid-19 Pandemic Action Response Plan
First Semester Classes 2020
Due to the uncertainty of a resurgence of COVID-19 we are required to create a Pandemic Action Response Plan that is two-fold: one, to ensure our children receive religious instruction in a timely fashion and two, that the health and well-being of the children and their family members are maintained as best as possible. We are asking that one adult from each family attend one of the meetings listed below to receive the details of our Religious Education Program.
Tuesday evening, August 25 at 6:30 p.m. in Divine Mercy Church
Thursday evening, August 27 at 6:30 p.m. in Divine Mercy Church
Sunday afternoon, August 30 at 1:30 p.m. in Divine Mercy Church
Please complete one Registration Form for each of your children and bring it with you to the meeting and hand it in with the Registration Fee, $40.00 for one child, $75.00 for two or more. If this is the first year that your child will be attending our program, a Baptismal Certificate is also required. If you know anyone with children who may be interested in our program please invite them. Registration forms will be available at the meeting.
Children in Grades 1, 3, 4, 5 and 6 will not be attending class in person. They will be given assignments to be completed at home with parental assistance. The catechists will check-in periodically with the parents of these students.
Home School – Grades 1, 3, 4, 5, and 6,
- Students in grades 1,3,4,5, and 6 will be instructed at home. The teacher for each grade will prepare a list of assignments for the religion lessons that will be covered in the first semester. The assignments are to be completed each week at home. It is strongly recommended that the parent schedules a definite time each week to work with their child and complete the Religion assignment. Since our PREP classes take place on Thursday evenings we recommend that you work with your child every Thursday evening, beginning on September 17 and ending on December 17, 2020.
- Religion Books and Religion assignments will be distributed after the 4 PM Mass on Saturday, September 12 and after the 7:30 AM, 10:00 AM and 12:30 PM Masses on Sunday, September 13 from the cafeteria of Trinity Academy.
- Your child’s teacher will contact you periodically to make sure all is going well.
- You may email the teacher at any time if you have any questions or concerns.
You will receive the teacher’s email address when you pick up the Religion Book and assignments on September 12 or September 13.
Students in Grades 2 and 7 Preparing for the Sacraments
Students who are preparing to receive the Sacraments of First Reconciliation, First Communion and Confirmation will attend class in person. Classes will be held on Thursday evenings from 6:00 – 7:30 in the cafeteria at Trinity Academy School. Classes will begin on Thursday, September 10, 2020 and will end on Thursday, April 25, 2021. Students will be able to maintain social distancing and will be required to have their temperatures taken, wear face masks and sanitize their hands when they enter the building.
Classes for Confirmation will be held on Sunday evenings from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. in the cafeteria at Trinity Academy School. Classes will begin on Sunday, September 13, 2020 and end on Sunday, April 25, 2021. Students will be able to maintain social distancing and will be required to have their temperatures taken, wear face masks and sanitize their hands when they enter the building.
Entrance Procedures for Second Grade and Seventh Grade PREP classes.
To endure the safety and well- being of the children the following procedures will be used when a student enters Trinity Academy School building.
- Each child’s temperature will be taken before entering Trinity School using the forehead scan thermometer. Questions concerning the possible exposure of covid-19 will be asked as well.
- The parent/guardian of the child is to remain with the child until the child passes the temperature and question check.
- Masks must be worn upon entering the building.
- Each child will wash his/her hands with hand sanitizer before entering the cafeteria.
- Each child will be given an assigned seat in the cafeteria with the appropriate social distance guidelines in place.
- Children are to sit in their assigned seats each week.
- Each child is to bring the necessary supplies: Religion Book, pencil, crayons
- Children will not be permitted to share supplies.
- Children may remove masks during instructional time. The teacher will let the students know when they may remove their masks.
- To endure adequate social distancing children will be called individually as their parent arrives at the school door.
- Masks must be worn upon leaving the building.
More Information and PDF Documents- (2019 & 2020) (2020-2021)
Booklet for 2020 – 2021 not completed at this time
Click here to download Sponsor Confirmation formsccd sponsor forms 2020-2021
Click here to download PREP Registration Formccd registration form 2020-2021